An outdated electrical system in your home can not only become frustrating and inconvenient, it can actually be dangerous because of the increased risk of accidental electrocution and fires. That's why it's important to pay attention to the signs that electrical repair in Vinings, GA, is necessary. Here are the top 5 signs that you should update your home's electrical wiring.
Evidence of Heat
If you've ever noticed a warm outlet or light switch or noticed burn marks around an outlet, this is a major sign that there is unsafe wiring in your home. Charring around the outlet means that there has been a fire inside the walls which means a future fire is almost inevitable. Call for electrical repair service in Vinings, GA, immediately if you notice evidence of heat.
Frequent Breaker Trips
If the circuit breaker is tripping often, it usually means that the circuits are being overloaded. If too much electricity is being transferred through the wires, the breaker will sense that there's more electricity than the wiring can handle so it will stop the flow by tripping the breaker. Frequent trips mean that you need to update the wiring to handle the load of electricity your home uses.
Flickering or dim lights that occur throughout the home frequently or when a major appliance like an air conditioner or furnace kicks on could mean that you need to update the wiring to handle higher amps. It could also mean that service conductors in the electrical panel have come loose. In addition, burned out lights bulbs are normal if they've reached their usual life expectancy. However, if you notice bulbs are burning out more quickly than normal, it could mean too much electricity is flowing to the bulb and causing premature deterioration.
Frayed wiring is extremely concerning, but can happen easily over time. Older homes are more likely to have bent or frayed wiring, so it's a good idea to have it checked out even if you haven't noticed frayed wiring yet.
If you've had a rodent infestation, the likelihood that your electrical wiring was affected is high. Rodents love chewing on the wiring housing, so there could be major damage that you're unaware of.
See how we can provide the solutions to your electrical needs. No matter how small or large your project is, we can accomplish the task on time, within a budget, and meeting your expectations. We are looking forward to working with you. | Contact